Faculty of Science of the University of Lisbon (FCUL)
Address: FCUL, Campo Grande, 1149-016 Lisbon, Portugal
Telephone: (+351) 21 7500000
The Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon was established by decree of 19th April 1911. From its establishment until 1985, the year the Faculty was transferred to the new facilities at Campo Grande, the Faculty of Sciences was based in the building where the Polytechnic School (Escola Politécnica) used to be. Before this School, since the beginning of the 17th century, other cultural and scientific preeminent institutions were settled there. In addition to this common tradition, the Faculty of Sciences has inherited the scientific, historical and cultural characteristics of its predecessors.
Understanding the bio-Optical properties of phytoplankton in the western Iberian coast, funded by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) through a Post-doc grant.